Westhoughton United Reformed Church ‘The Bethel’


The current Church building was opened for public worship on 30th March 1853.  In October 1870 the Church Hall was added, originally the Sunday School and Day School.  The Married Women’s Class started in 1892 and has evolved into the Women’s Guild of today.  A further new room was built which opened on the 15th January 1937 and was known as the Memorial Room or New Room.  The is now the meeting room of the Women’s Guild.

Sunday Services are 10.30 am

Communion Service is held the 2nd Sunday in the month

Junior Church every Sunday                                                                                                                  Contact Lisa Orrell  01942 665605

Regular Activities

Women’s Guild                           Tuesday 7.30 pm           Contact Helen  01204 414915

Saturday Lunch                           1st Saturday each month          Contact  Lynne 01942 813343

Bethel Crowd Amateur Dramatic society       Contact Ben and Lisa 07877763452 

If you want to get involved contact: [email protected]  


Good sized Hall is available for Hire                                                                                                  

Contact: John Purnell, Lettings Officer 01204 414 915

The Hall is currently used by:

Daisy Hill Pre-School

B.A.N.D. Active Minds Group



Please note our up and coming events on Bethel News page


Contact Details:

Church Secretary:  Lynne Young    01942 813343

Church Treasurer:  Helen Purnell 01204 414915